From November 2012 to April 2013, I created and published a blog series called The Neophyte’s Guide to Scala, targeted at aspiring Scala enthusiasts who have already made their first steps with the language and are looking for more detailed explanations.
This page serves as a hub for everything related to this series.
Get the ebook version (PDF, epub, Kindle) at Leanpub.
Below, you will find links to all its 16 parts:
- Part 1: Extractors
- Part 2: Extracting Sequences
- Part 3: Patterns Everywhere
- Part 4: Pattern Matching Anonymous Functions
- Part 5: The Option type
- Part 6: Error handling with Try
- Part 7: The Either type
- Part 8: Welcome to the Future
- Part 9: Promises and Futures in practice
- Part 10: Staying DRY with higher-order functions
- Part 11: Currying and partially applied functions
- Part 12: Type classes
- Part 13: Path-dependent types
- Part 14: The Actor approach to concurrency
- Part 15: Dealing with Failure in Actor Systems
- Part 16: Where to go from here